Sunday, November 13, 2016

Our Day in the Life - x4!

Today I want to share these Day in the Life pages I just did which means so much to me!

I love documenting. Love recording our lives so as to remember, to savour it, to know we have lived, and how we've lived! So I've always loved the Day in the Life project (by Ali Edwards) but most days in our family are spent apart now that the boys are grown up. Thanks to a magazine page posted by someone in the AE Craft the Story facebook group, I thought how nice if I could do a page for each of our days!


I showed the page to the hubs and the older son, and both said "yes"! Hey, I was honestly surprised, some of me has rubbed off on them! But then younger one said "no" flat out :(  I will find a way!


Each of us set out on different days to capture our day - I asked for at least 12 to 15 photos, and simply made a grid template on 8.5x11 which I will print on photo paper at home. Also added journaling and a section called 'Fun Facts'


Now for the younger Jared, because I knew he had a day spent setting up an art exhibition at school, we simply inserted photos we took at said exhibition to fill up his DITL. I also journaled about how he won't take pictures at this time :) Considered done!


 After pulling the photos into the template, I color-coordinated and printed some digital elements from Ali Edwards'Hybrid class and Up digital kit, cut and adhered them together with a wood veneer each. Totally loved how they turned out, but best of all, I'm so happy our individual days now are recorded, at work, at college and at University.  Isn't that great?

If you'd like to try something similar you can download this very simple 8.5x11 template here.



Subscribe to the newsletter to stay updated on product news, 
freebies, blog posts, and subscriber specials.
Click here to sign up. Thank you!

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...