Sunday, June 14, 2009

Rest & Relax

It's school holidays and time for some rest & relax! We're off to Malaysia tomorrow and will be back on Saturday, and may not get to go online, so if you email me or try to contact me, I'll respond when I get back.
On Friday night, dh and I went to catch some free Singapore Arts Festival fringe events. That was how our relationship started years ago, when we went to our first free Fringe events!! :) This time we caught this cute band from Korea (I'm sorry I don't know their name!) who were playing these upbeat Beatle era songs. The poor things were so good and everyone really enjoyed them. Then the lead drummer asked, "are you enjoying yourselves?" "Yes!" "Then why are you sitting down?" We all laughed. I guess being us we are a little shy and too self conscious to stand up and dance along, we had to laugh at ourselves, but still did not stand up! :) DH and I really enjoyed ourselves nevertheless, and I have it captured for my 365 album!

Completed two more layouts from Japan, the templates are in the store here. Thanks for looking!
This was actually a rainy day on which we could not get to any of the places we planned, and simply wandered around and had a really laid back kind of day.
Credits: Background paper by Kaye Winiecki, journal block by Jessica Sprague, title block by twoboyz00 designs, flowers by Creashens Designs
And yes, it's our third time in Disney in three years, we can't have enought of it, I guess! It's a bit of an embarassing fact that dh and I have actually been to all five Disney properties in the world - I know, we ought to be shot...it wasn't planned. The earliest times we were backpacking in Europe and on a shoe string trip in California, before kids. I will attest that our first time in Disney we were so, so bowled over and enchanted, more than our kids are at their first time, I believe. Our generation could appreciate things more, I think, because we grew up having so much less.... can you tell we're still enchanted?
Credits: Paper and mickey stamp by Nikki designs, bracket by Tracy Designs, and alpha by Britts, and paper tear by Sande Krieger
And two more 365 layouts!! This one is from a template by Mandagirl Creations - I love it so much I kept her color scheme and drawn stitches! You can get it from her blog here! Tell her I sent ya!

Credits: word art from Weeds & Wildflowers, template by Mandagirl Creations


Credits: Papers by Ksharonk and word art by Vera Lim


Download this to create here!
Freebies Announcement! (from my last post in case you did not see it)
I had forgotten to announce here that my folder on FileFront where I shared all my earlier free templates (template 36 and before) has been shut down due to inactivity. File Front wrote to me a week ago, and I've decided to let it be shut down. I took a look and most of the templates had been downloaded more than 2500 times! Hope you understand that I won't be posting them up again somewhere else. Too much work! :) I might put them all in a pack for a nominal sum in the store later on when I find the time. In the mean time, pls enjoy all the later freebies on 4 shared and Box net!

Actually I'm deciding whether to continue to share on Box Net (monthly fee required) or go back to 4 shared. Please download or tell your friends to download in the mean time!

Thank you for your interest and for joining me in this great scrapping hobby :)

26 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for the template. Great layout!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your completed layouts; you make the photos the star of your pages and it looks so fun! Thanks for the new template!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay, I've been waiting for another of your fabulous templates!!! Have a wonderful time in Malaysia and thanks so much for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh, how cool to have been to all 5 Disney parks! That's my goal! We hope to go to Hong Kong when we take the girls to see China. I'm trying to figure a way to squeeze Tokyo in too! LOL! We are annual pass holders for the Florida Disney so we go a LOT! But it helps that my Mom only lives 12 miles away. We're headed there in 3 days. Have a great vacation and thanks for another great template!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Yin! Thanks for your kind comments on my blog!

    Todd and I spent Christmas 2007 at Disneyland and we loved it. I think no matter how old you are, you can still enjoy the magic of Disney.

    Love your colorful photos and layouts. Great Project 365 layouts. I need to catch up with mine!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What great layouts. We love Disney too and managed to make it there 3 times in a row (October 2005, January 2006 and May 2006), so you don't have to feel you are obsessive or at least alone in the obsession.

    I loved the layouts of Japan. My daughter-in-law is from Osaka and I always enjoy seeing the pictures she sends of her home country.

    ReplyDelete
  7. AnonymousJune 15, 2009

    Thank you for another awesome template, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's always a treat to find another of your great templates. You ROCK! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. thank you for another GREAT template!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for the templates! I love having the journaling area!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for sharing your great template!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. AnonymousJune 15, 2009

    Thank you so much for this Freebie. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in Creative Busy Hands Scrapbook Freebies Search List, under the Template(s), Overlay(s), Photo Mask(s) post on Jun. 15, 2009. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you so much for sharing this wonderful template.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I can't believe I almost missed this one. Downloading now.

    ReplyDelete
  15. AnonymousJune 17, 2009

    Hi, Im new to scrapping and just found your blog through digifree. Love your double template. Thanks. Can you please advise me how to separate the double template and save them as left side and right side? I only found how to print double template, no explanation on how to slice the template...please help. thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you for sharing your great template!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks so much - another lovely template. I have been to Singapore and Malaysia and enjoyed both of them. Lucky you living in that area.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you so much for the template! I really like box.net, but I completely understand if you shut it down due to the fees. We'll just use 4share then. =)

    I agree with you that children today doesn't appriciate the small things like we did. But maybe my parents would say the same about me...

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you so much for your templates. I just got back from Disney and was just at a loss as to how to lay things out. I had run out ideas and did not want to use the ones provided by Shutterfly, etc. Your templates are a breath of fresh air for me. Thank you so very much! I truly appreciate your work!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thank you as always! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. AnonymousJuly 04, 2009

    Thank you for the lovely template! I love your style! ~Robin

    ReplyDelete
  22. AnonymousJuly 14, 2009

    Fabulous template! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'm downloading as fast as I can! LOL! I did a LO with #30 last week, but I had had it downloaded for at least a year.

    Thank you for another wonderful multi-photo template!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Saw a layout done with this template and just fell in love with it and had to come get it for myself. Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful templates. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...