Thursday, July 30, 2009

It's all in the mind

Last week Jared had his Re-Test for the national physical tests for which he 'failed' in the 1.6km run the first time round. During the first test a month ago he had suffered a combination of shoes that did not fit (he was wearing an old pair of Ryan's), stomach stitches (probably drank too much just before the run), no practice (he had no idea how fast or slow he had to run), and loss of confidence (it seems to me he 'gave up' halfway through). I felt so bad as I should have helped and not let him go in so unprepared and end up feeling lousy. So the last few weeks we had been doing a bit of training (together with dh who is planning and training for the marathon in dec), and prep talking, :). And last friday he did it, not just passed, but came back with a 'gold' timing! He amazed me! And of course we are all so proud and he feels great and has learnt a valuable lesson about training, preparation, and perseverance. We read this verse to him, from
Romans 5:3-5"Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; 4perseverance, character; and character, hope. 5And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us."
It wasn't sufferings, but perhaps to a ten year old failing and being last in something like that is, and then overcoming it - I hope it stays with him! And it is a lesson we have been trying to teach him, and yet do need to learn ourselves. I too am guilty of complaining and wanting to run away from my 'troubles', may this verse humble and encourage us all. :)

And now more layouts from Langkawi!
Credits: Background paper by GypsyCouture, word art by Zoe Pearn, stitching by Creashens, stitched flower by Sweet Genevieve designs


Credits: background paper by Studio Mgl, dots by Nivole Seitler, chandlier by green box creations, Lets'Eat by shabby princess


Unfortunately I did not capture Jared's winning run on camera, but I do have these! This is from a 365 template from Weeds & Wildflowers. I'm beginning to enjoy using templates - so quick to scrap! :)




Here's my next 365, this is inspired by Ali Edwards timeline layout in the latest issue of CK, love her original ideas and most of all, her approach to recording life.
Credits: circle stamps by Miss Mint, dotted frames by Weeds&Wildflowers, Captured Moments stamp by Nina Scrap Designs, All you need stamp by Jackie Ecles
You can download this hereThanks for all your comments and love!

34 comments:

  1. Congrats to Jared on his achievement and what a neat lesson about diligence in your family! May the Lord continue to keep us learning all through life-I find reminders SOO important again and again as years go by!

    Thank you for the beautiful circle template-that will definitely pull me out of the box for once! :)

    Blessings, Kristin J.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Yin! How exciting for your son! These are the lessons that you simply cannot teach at home. He will never forget this experience!!

    Thanks for showing my layouts and for the sweeeeet circle template. You made my day!

    You, your blog, and your family are blessings!

    Hugs,
    Tracey

    ReplyDelete
  3. AnonymousJuly 30, 2009

    Thanks for sharing your template. I also love how you shared how people used your templates. Love that Spectromagic and the other Disney layouts! So Cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for the template. Wonderful layouts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for the wonderful template and sharing the layouts! And I love the bible verses displayed on your blog! God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow you always have the greatest LOs!! Thanks for sharing this FAB template with us!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. AnonymousJuly 31, 2009

    Thank you so much for sharing your nice templates! And, I also would like to ask how i can "create clipping mask" using the psp. I really appreciate if you could help me.
    Thank you very much!
    Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
  8. AnonymousJuly 31, 2009

    Thank you so much!
    Dee

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Yin! Way to go Jared on your GOLD timed finish in your race! Congratulations!

    As usual, I love your beach layouts Yin! They are always so inspiring to me, since the beach is one of my favorite places!

    Thanks for posting my layouts! I'm so honored!

    I will be downloading the new template too, its super cute! Thank you!

    Have a great day!

    Here's another "race" inspired verse...Hebrews 12:1

    Blessings to you,
    Rachel :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so far behind on getting to my favorite blogs. How exciting for Jared that the second time around was so special. Sometimes that is the best.

    Love your layouts (as always, LOL) and the templates you are so wonderful about giving out. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for the great template! Super post, too -- very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful layouts, thank you for the inspiration! Love the template and appreciate your time and effort!

    ReplyDelete
  13. AnonymousJuly 31, 2009

    Very cool template thank you, congratulations to your son.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Novice question--how do you get the words to go around the pictures?? Very cool template--I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, your son did great! Thank you so much for the template, I think I will put some of the stray pictures my sister gives me in it and give it to her to print in her book she is making. You'll make me look pretty good here, woohoo!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Those are some beautiful and fun layouts!! Thanks for sharing that great template!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Those are some beautiful and fun layouts!! Thanks for sharing that great template!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Those are some beautiful and fun layouts!! Thanks for sharing that great template!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you so much for this Freebie. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in Creative Busy Hands Scrapbook Freebies Search List, under the Page 14 post on Aug. 01, 2009. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thank you for the template. You have shown some great layouts.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful templates and ideas. I just finished a layout for my Grand-Aunt's 95th birthday using your template #133 and some of the papers & elements from your "Brown Paper Packages" kit. If you'd like to see it send me an email - I think it turned out really pretty.

    Mrs. H

    mama2gems [at] gmail [dot] com

    ReplyDelete
  22. I am new to digital scrapbooking and just discovered your blog. Your templates and layouts are FABULOUS--just my style, only so much better :). Thank you so much for your generosity, and God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love your templates and how you document the important things and the little things in life.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your templates are always gorgeous! Thanks for sharing with us! And CONGRATS for your son!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I just wanted to thank you for the wonderful templates. I was struggling to make a book from a cruise that we took over the New Year until I remembered your templates! I bought a bunch more and the book went together in a snap. So thank you, thank you, thank you!

    http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=8BZsm7Vo5bsKy

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. What a fun template!!! Thank you for sharing your work with us!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Superb template! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  29. GREAT layout! Thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Thank you soooo much! I'm in love with the circles. You are so creative and I so appreciate your generosity!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Thank you so so so much for all the lovely templates you give us. Its opened up a whole brand new way of scrapbooking for me, from using only one or two pics per page to being able to use heaps is great!!
    Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Round frames are my fav! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Thanks for the wonderful template!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Your style of layouts look like magazine articles! Beautiful work. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...