Saturday, December 27, 2008

We're Back!

Hello everyone, we're back! We touched down on the evening of the 23rd, went to work on 24th (yeah !), rushed home to celebrate Christmas with our family, then spent Christmas with friends right after Christmas service till late, then back to work on 26th, and finally today I have time to catch up on my blog. I've missed my blog a lot!

Hope you all had a wonderful, blessed Christmas celebrating the coming of Emmanuel, Lord with Us, the greatest gift of all.

And thank you for the wishes left on my blog for my family too! You're such a blessing to me :)

Where do I start telling you about my trip? Wow, while our US trip was wow in everyway and iconic in that we visited places we've read, watched on TV, seen in the news, and always dreamt we could one day visit, on this Japan trip, the wow came in experiencing this very different culture, people, beautiful land, everyday was full of fascination, they are so technologically advanced, yet so traditional, so much history, yet so modern, and the people we met everywhere with their warmth made the trip truly wonderful!

You'll hear more and see them all as I scrap the pictures (1000 of them on my camera alone, and another 1400 on dh's!) but I'd like to show you this one that is probably my favorite. It's the boys being absorbed as we all were, everyday, at this temple ground where hundreds of red tori (gates) were erected over a hill. They were counting them, actually, haha, but gave up at about 640th , when we gave up climbing further up the hill (I think we were not yet halfway!)

And I've made myself a desktop featuring more highlights from our trip. (click on the image for a larger pic) Yes we made it to Hiroshima! See the picture of the Atomic Dome building in the centre. Scroll further down to get the template link.

Now I've got new templates in the store too, these are from one last page for my US album and the front and back covers, which I completed before I left for the trip. And today I received my US album from shutterfly in the post!! It's perfect! I'm so pleased and all the pictures looked so much better blown up to 12 by 12 book size. I'll take some pictures and show them to you in my next post. This is the front cover,
And this is the back. Credits: the background paper is by Flergs - it made the photos on the cover literally pop!
Credits: background paper by VeraLim, and the red leaves are by mimilou.
The new templates are in the store HERE

You can download both the 1024x768 and 1280x800 sizes of the Desktop templates HERE! Just one request, if you don't mind me posting it on my blog, could you send me a jpeg copy if you use this, to me at "yindgs at yahoo dot com dot sg" (replace at with @ and dot with . of course) so we can have fun seeing what we are all having on our desktops! Thanks in advance. :)

20 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you had a fabulous vacation...I can't wait to see your pictures / layouts! Thanks for the freebie desktop and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy new year, and thank you for the fabulous desktop. I love that I can use a lot of photos on it. I have four kids...I need space for lots of photos!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's great to see you are back and had a wonderful time. I'm looking forward to seeing your layouts in the future. Thanks so much for the desktop and I'll send you a jpeg when it's finished.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for the desktop template :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for the great desktop! I love reading about your trips! I'm so glad you guys had a great trip to Japan and can't wait to see all of the pics! Have a fabulous New Year!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. thank you so much for the template

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much for this fab desktop. I always enjoy your templates. Cathy G

    ReplyDelete
  8. thanks so much for the freebie. I've been checking your blog,awaiting your return! Your trip sounds fabulous,thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i've enjoyed peeking around your blog! you do lovely work.

    I grew up right outside of Harper's Ferry. A lovely part of the US.

    blessings,
    Karla

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad you are back and had a wonderful time! I can't wait to see more of your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for the desktop template!!

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Yin! I'm glad you're back because I love to visit your blog. You are such an inspiration to me. I used one of your wonderful templates for my Christmas layout:

    Christmas 2008

    Take care and I'm looking forward to your lovely layouts of Japan.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi again, Yin! Of course you may post my layout on your blog. I'd be thrilled.

    Happy New Year!

    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy New Year!! Thank you so much for this template! I was just telling my DH that I want to make a desktop for my parents' computer, and gosh, this would be perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yin - I finally got up to date on your templates! These new pages are awesome!!! How many pages did you end up having in your US album?

    I'm tackling a big project right now - a 35th wedding anniversary album for my parents - with a 2 page spread for each year! Not a possible feat, if it weren't for your awesome templates!

    Thanks again!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great desktop template! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yin - your cover does look AWESOME. Can't wait to see the Japan layouts - I'm getting to see the world through your eyes. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Awesome Yin, Thanks so much. Love your promo. I need 8 sets from your store to complete my Yin Templates...Will you be adding anymore b4 the 10th when your promo is up? I'd love it if you added 2 more sets so I could take advantage of your sale! *wink

    Hugs,
    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  19. Superb! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...