Sunday, January 02, 2011

Blessed New Year!

How have you rang in the New Year?
We had a great party with our extended family on my husband's side, his brothers and sisters and their families, a huge clan! Great good fun and family time!
Our own little family tried to have a new year's reflection over lunch, we shared our thanksgivings for last year, what we have learnt and what we want for our new year - the boys were a bit reluctant at first but soon got into the spirit. It was so good.
Then I brought out the list of words from Ali Edward's blog from her One Little Word for each year idea, and we enjoyed looking for our word! Dh chose Passion, I chose Intentional, Ryan chose Confidence and Jared chose Forward.
I'll just share mine - I'm thinking that I want to be spending time in 2011 more intentionally, not just enjoying life and letting it pass by. It is rather easy for life to pass by when we are enjoying it, not sure if you understand what I mean? Usually we forget to stop and smell the roses, to create more meaning to our days, to make time for blessing others. So, here's to a more internationally lived year, prayerfully and humbly, for me!

We're having a most hectic time, tomorrow the actual renovation starts and it will be done in 8 days! The fun part was planning and designing what we want, the hard part is all the packing and throwing out of 'stuff' ( hard to part with!), the scary part now is if we will like how it all turns out!! Haha, no turning back!

I am making a wall art for our new Family room - dh agreed that we should have Micah 6: 8 (my favorite verse) and I did up a few versions like here - and the family voted - the one on the right won! Which do you like? For the one on the right I used Emily Meritt's Painted On on a paper by Creashens from her Newport kit. I will be sending it to be blown up and made into a canvas print. Really loved the idea and if it turns out well, I might make some more.

I loved making the word art and thought I would share these with you. I used the fonts dear joe4, Futura lt, and Charlemagne Std. Hope you like them! Download these two word arts  here

Now to scrapbooking- I've only had like 4 nights the past month to scrapbook, and using my own templates I had been able to complete 5 layouts that I'm very happy with!
More photos from our day in Otaru - one of the highlights was finding an icrecream shop that had incredible flavors : Squid, Kimchee, Crab, Sea Urchin .. and so on!! Sad to say, we did not have the guts to try them out, and chose safe flavors . Only dh was the bravest, and tried Salt flavor - he reports that it was yummy. :)

Having our first snow ball fight!

Making our first snow angels in a beautiful public park

More snow fights! I think these were the best times in the whole trip for the boys!

Spending quality time indoors (it's cold outside!)
Now this one below of the boys trying their hand at cookie making is a new layout template
This template is now available as a set in the store HERE

40 comments:

  1. My favorite is the one on the right too! I love that verse. When I first became a Christian (back in 1989) the little church I attended sang a song of that verse - I never forget the verse...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for another great template! I can't wait to see pictures of your new family room. The wall art is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Yin! The wall & word art are lovely! I think I'll print the long one as a bookmark to reflect on it often. The template is also wonderful...thank you so much for your generosity! ~Dolores

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great template! (As usual, lol!) thanks very much, and I am wishing you a happy, healthy, and loving New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in CBH Digital Scrapbooking Freebies, under the Page 6 post on Jan. 02, 2011. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay, you're back! You'll have to keep posting about your living room renovation-it can be exciting and a stressor all at the same time. How do I know this? When I was in high school, my mother had our kitchen AND both of our bathrooms renovated in one year...it was miserable).

    Love the template, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your word art is nice. I like that idea - may use that for the groupon canvas artwork I purchased.

    Thank you for another great template!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy New Year, Yin!

    My word this year is 'growth'. But, the more I think and pray about it, I have a feeling that my growth will be through changes. Not real sure what the 'changes' will be, but I am content, knowing that God has His perfect plan.

    Awesome layouts! The snowball fights are my favorite :D

    LOVE the word art and the template...thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy New Year! I was so hoping to hear from you soon. I appreciate seeing your lovely layouts--and thank you for the template!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Yin! I was just thinking about you yesterday, and I'm so happy to see your post today! :) I love the wall art for your new family room. I like the one on the right best also - it has a landscape/beachy feel to it.

    Great word for 2011! It reminded me of Deuteronomy 6:5-7, which is all about being intentional with the time you have with your children.

    Thanks for the new template! I love all your layouts - especially the snowball fight. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks so much for the lovely template and word art! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you so much for sharing your joy and love of scrapbooking with us! Your layouts are lovely as always. Those are some interesting ice cream flavors!!
    My word for this year is "joy."
    Happy new year, Yin!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you so much for the word art and the template. You are so generous. Love the verse, that verse is so awesome, encouraging yet convicting! Renovations are family stretchers and marriage builders. Hope you are not very picky about dust because it will travel all over. But it will be soooo worth it i am sure. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave in the DigiFree category today [03 Jan 01:00am GMT]. Thanks, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  15. Me again. Can I ask how you made your art project. Did you paint or is it digital?

    Oh, and my word for the year is GIVE. (I love intententional too! It was high on my list - maybe next year)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Susan, the wall art is digital. I can't paint in real life! Haha! I used Emily Meritt's Painted On on a paper by Creashens from her Newport kit. I'm going to send the jpeg to a company that enlarges and prints it on canvas. Will show you all how it turns out!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Missed you - glad you're back! Our pastor's sermon yesterday was on being intentional. I plan to take your word art and make it the wallpaper on my phone!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy New Year :)

    I have not visited you in SO LONG!

    Love the word arts - perfect!

    Thanks so much and wishing you and yours a wonderful 2011

    ReplyDelete
  19. i love this verse! It has been one of my life verses since 1961. You created a beautiful rendition of it with your creative design. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Happy New Year my friend. I really like the word you chose. I think mine would be "release." Maybe I'll blog about it, LOL. I also like the words chosen by the men in your family. Would be interesting to hear why they chose the ones they did.

    I think I liked the first example the best. But then I am a simple person with simple tastes. All of them are quite lovely and I can't wait to see pictures of how the art turns out, as well as of the new room.

    It was so fun seeing all the layouts with the snow. We don't normally get any here. I think the last time was in 1989. But wouldn't have mattered anyway as we spent the week before Christmas in Key West.

    Take care of yourself and the family and I will check in again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love your templates. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I really love your blog!
    I made word rain in my: http://www.claudiasachs.com.br/?p=2109 (in portuguese).
    Your templates are awesome, I'm building a new photobook and using your templates.
    Thanks so much
    Claudia Sachs
    http://www.claudiasachs.com.br

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thank you, Yin! This verse is special! The template is also wonderful! Happy New Year. Hope you had a terrific Christmas with your family. Can't wait to see some of the pictures. =)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your templates are my favorites! Thanks so much for sharing! Some day when I can afford to shop, I am going to buy all your templates!

    ReplyDelete
  25. What lovely templates....Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  26. Happy New Year. I love the two on the right. You can't go wrong with either one. I just wanted to thank you for all of your free templates. I really love them. Check out my new blog when you get a minute, I used one of your freebies and I love how the layout came out. www.camikanscrap.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love your layouts - thank you so much for the awesome template.

    ReplyDelete
  28. so inspired by your blog!!! I'm scheduling you into my blog reader. Thanks for the downloads too!
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  29. How generous of you! Thank you so much, I always love your templates and use them constantly!

    ReplyDelete
  30. You have amazing templates and I love double page layouts. Thank you so much.

    artgalstyle

    ReplyDelete
  31. Yin - I can not thank you enough for your wonderful template. They allowed me to creat a wonderful scrapbookm of our recent family vacation for my parents and sister, for Christmas. Without the templates I would have never even known where to start.

    Thanks again.

    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  32. Yin, thank you again for your wonderfuly templates. I have used soooo many of them, free and purchased ones. They are so wonderful because there is room for so many photos. Have a great new year!

    ReplyDelete
  33. This is one of my favourite verses - thank you for sharing the lovely word art you've made. I think my favourite is the middle one. Best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  34. your templates are amazing thanks for all the freebies. You make my digiscraping fun http://craftysusanita.blogspot.com/
    p.s. I make sure to credit your work :)

    ReplyDelete
  35. OH MY WORD, YIN!!! Have you read my blog lately??? I just about FELL OVER when I read this today (on Jan27) ... my word is INTENTION!!!

    *bonk*

    That's me falling OVER.

    http://homemakingirl.blogspot.com/2011/01/talk-my-2011-word.html

    ReplyDelete
  36. I love your templates! They are my favorite! Thanks so much you are so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Thanks for making it so easy to scrap all those great family pics.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Beautiful word art!

    Thanks for it and the template.

    ReplyDelete
  39. LOVE this one! Thanks for sharing your talent and inspiration!!!

    ReplyDelete
  40. another great template - thank you so much for it!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...