Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Interview

Today I took leave to bring Ryan to an interview at a prestigious secondary school, as part of his admission application. We have much mixed feelings about him applying to these schools, especially because of the stress of going through GAT tests, interviews, selection camps, and also about whether going to such a school is really necessary, or good for him? Right now we are taking the approach of letting him apply, and supporting him through it, while praying for the Lord to show His good and perfect will for him by opening or closing the doors.

In any case, it has been a growing process for him as he asks himself questions (in preparation) such as why do I want to go to such and such a school, what subjects would I like to study, he even brought along his social studies projects on ''homelessness" and 'nuclear weapons' to show. Here's the cover I did for him!

Before he went in I told him the best thing to do is to be honest about his answers, no need to try to impress. And guess what? When they asked him what are the qualities he has that got him selected twice as model student, his answer? " I really don't know! " Haha! That's my son, I'm sure they'll remember him! He did finally go on to describe what he thinks was the selection process. Great answer, don't you think? So proud of him! :)

I had been lending digi scrapping supplies for my children's many school projects. Here's a maths game project Jared did using the Yellow Submarine kit by Faith True. Cute, isn't it??Since I was on leave, had some time to complete a few more layouts. Here's shots taken around our hotel in Langkawi, so beautiful I had to make a layout just for them!
Credits: Background paper from Eclectic Designs by Gabi , tied string peg by Britt-ish designs, word tags by Chantal, Viewfinder and butterfly by Melanie Johnson.
And here's photos from an island-hopping boat trip we took. For some reason the boys did not inherit the love of the sea from me and dh (who dreams of diving with his sons one day), they are terrified of speedboats, the bumping off the waves, and generally grit their teeth every time we do boat trips. Still, they are improving, and this time they only had to close their eyes and braved it :) I'm sure those diving trips will be coming up soon!Credits: Background paper by Ginna Miller , tabs, "paradise"sign, stitching all by Dani Mogstad, word art by Sahlin Studio
The templates are in the store here

And here's one more layout from the boat trip in Langkawi, to watch eagles feeding - quite an awesome sight - sitting in the boat in silence, watching them swoop down and then up with such precision and stateliness.
Credits: Background paper by Kaye Winiecki, red string by Viva Artistry , string frame downloaded from Scrapartist Muse , alpha by Rachel Giallongo , acrylic element by Veronica Spriggs
This template is now available as a set in the store HERE

34 comments:

  1. thank you so much! I just LOVE your templates!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for the template. Good luck to your son on his application.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, your layouts are a true inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the template!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. thank you for the template!

    ReplyDelete
  6. all the best for the interview results ;). Yes, I take a lot of wide angle shots on trips and that LO is great. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  7. great! thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete
  8. AnonymousJuly 14, 2009

    Another wonderful template! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the template, your layouts are gorgeous, love the viewfinder :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks! I use a lot of the wide-angle shots - so this template will be well used!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That viewfinder, would you have a link to where I could find it? Tried emailing the lady you credited on her website but my email won't go through for some reason. :(

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for your templates! I thought I would shoot you this link to a layout in my gallery at My Life and Scrap where I used one of your fab templates! Thanks again! http://www.mylifeandscrap.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=3345&ppuser=300

    ReplyDelete
  13. AnonymousJuly 15, 2009

    Great shots of the eagles! Wildlife shots are the most difficult, IMHO. Well done! And yes, I take a lot of wide angle shots of landscapes and urban settings. Best wishes, and TFS.
    - a Canuck

    ReplyDelete
  14. AnonymousJuly 15, 2009

    Thank you so much, beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks so much for the template.

    ReplyDelete
  16. The lo's are fab! Thanks for the wonderful template!

    ReplyDelete
  17. AnonymousJuly 15, 2009

    another superb template - thanks for your generosity!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. AnonymousJuly 15, 2009

    Thank you! I LOVE your templates, layouts, photos. Beautiful stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you so much. Love your layouts!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am always inspired by your blog. We homeschool and the kids LOVE using the digital scrapbooking to design games and spruce up their reports. Thanks for sharing your talents with the rest of the world. We will keep Ryan in our prayers. Remember Jeremiah 29:11!

    ReplyDelete
  21. As always, absolutely gorgeous LOs Yin! Thanks so much for sharing and good luck with the school issues.
    Lynette
    http://lynettesphotoart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hello Yin! Gosh I haven't visited for ages. Thank you for the fabulous template.

    Good Luck to Ryan. I hope he gets his hearts desire.

    LOVE the cute math game with Yellow Submarine. I thought that was such an adorable kit.

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thank you for the template.
    Your layout inspired me.
    Thanks for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thank you so much for your wonderful templates Yin! I was wondering if you would consider selling the action you use to make the photo frames/shadows? Every now and then I need a specific size photo frame and while I can usually find a close size in another of your templates, it would be nice to make a few myself. I think it would be something that would sell very well for PS & PSE. (I use PSCS&PSE4&PSP8) Thanks again, you are such a generous person and a wonderful scrapper. Love looking at your layouts as much as I love your templates. :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thank you again for the template! I do take a lot of wide action photos, I often have trouble "fitting" them into templates that have more square than rectangular spaces. So I haven't been using templates for a while, but this one is perfect! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thank you again for the template! I do take a lot of wide action photos, I often have trouble "fitting" them into templates that have more square than rectangular spaces. So I haven't been using templates for a while, but this one is perfect! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Thank you again for the template! I do take a lot of wide action photos, I often have trouble "fitting" them into templates that have more square than rectangular spaces. So I haven't been using templates for a while, but this one is perfect! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Thank you so much for all your templates! I've used two of them and you can check my blog - www.fordnmic.blogspot.com. I love using templates because they're time savers - I'm a busy working mom with two little boys so I can use all the time I can save... ;) Again, thanks so much and keep 'em coming! :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Thank you for the template. You always have such wonderful LOs and photos.

    ReplyDelete
  30. You are so kind to share your templates and even the ones I buy are sooo reasonably priced. Thank you for sharing your creativity with us all!

    ReplyDelete
  31. I'm new to digital scrapping and appreciate the inspiration and template help from your designs. Looking forward to using these for our upcoming Disney trip. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  32. You are the best! I love reading your blog and I especially love downloading your wonderful templates. Thank you for sharing your talents!

    ReplyDelete
  33. OOH this is absolutely perfect! thank you! :) BTW, I just love the titles on your layouts, you are a master with your word art and fonts!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Thank you so much for your generousity. Your templates are exactly what I love to see, and use. And I love your pages and seeing the trips your family takes!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...