Into the New Year
It's the new year! For us here it is a hectic, back to school time. The boys started the new school year on 2 Jan, we are all adjusting to schedules again and it's surprisingly easy and even feels good.
In the last few days I was doing my "spring" cleaning and clearing space for new books and all, and found stuff and many ideas and much thoughts for scrapbooking! I hope I get to all of them, some of which involve:
- a pattern for one of my maternity dresses my friend made for me nine years ago
- the children's kindergarten art and works
- Jared's spelling book where he adds a little illustration for every word he spells!
- old passports - i'm thinking maybe scrapbook on the remaining empty pages?
- lots of magazine pages torn out for ideas for scrapbooking designs from when I was designing - it's making me feel like designing again - wow who knows?
- old letters from me to dh and vice versa - priceless!
When I read what I wrote in one of them it was what I needed for a layout for our 14th anniversaryCredits: Papers from Weeds & Wildflowers, word art by Designing on the edge, journaling strips, heart and flower by Christina Renee, frame by Mom to Niryza, snow flurry by Michelle Coleman.
And I completed a half completed layout from 2007. Haven't been able to start on the US holiday photos yet, it just seems like such a huge undertaking! Need to think about whether I will follow a theme, or color scheme, or what, oh, just been putting it off ! :) I'm sure I'll really enjoy scrapping them, just need to take it slowly!
Credits: Paper by Michelle Coleman, flower and swirls by Kim Christensen, tag by Dani Mogstad, and the alpha is by Krietz from Scraphead!This is now available as a set in the store here